Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Summer Experiment

This summer Mr. Darcy and I are going to watch our weight.  We'd actually like to watch it decrease for a change.  So, one of the things we're doing is having our big meal at lunch rather than dinner.  Today was the first time we tried this experiment.  With mixed results (and I'm not talking about the scale at the moment).

Jay grilled salmon and I sauteed some fresh zucchini in olive oil with garlic and onion until it was crisp/tender, added some sliced tomatoes and covered it with mozzarella cheese.  Then I cut up a pineapple and a cantaloupe and served it on the side since my girls don't do zucchini.  They also believe fish is delicious as long as it's followed immediately by the word sticks. 

Jillian arrived at the table looking pained with her hand clamped over her nose and breathing through her mouth.  Not a good sign.  Julie is more open-minded about food.  She only looked warily at the salmon before sitting slowly down.  

Since they were both hungry, and Jillian was hoping to talk us into a sleepover tonight, they gamely ate some of their filet before proclaiming that they were full.  The chickens enjoyed the rest of their meals.  

Tonight at dinner Mr. Darcy and I will enjoy a fresh salad straight from the garden.  Stay tuned for further developments.  ;-D 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so good! I'm a little jealous that you're already harvesting from your garden. I think when I get home I may have some zuchinie to harvest, but that's about it. The rain kept me from getting my garden planted on time this year. Good luck with everything! You can come visit my blog some time. I've been wanting to get back into writing in there, but between homeschooling, my kiddo's, my garden, and the baby, I keep pretty busy now days. :) I'm really living the life! Busy-ness reminds me of all my blessings! Have a great day! God bless!

    ReplyDelete